Hi guys! Sorry it’s been a while. I’m on Day #50 with no poo, and I am still loving it! I thought I’d share with you some things I’ve discovered throughout this process.
• Hair type really matters. Just because the recipe says 1 TBSP of baking soda, doesn’t mean you have to follow it, every scalp reacts differently. (Thick hair needs much more)
• The “shampoo” step of the baking soda wash really needs TLC. You can’t just wash quickly. Deep massaging and rinsing really is necessary.
• Stress and other life factors play a role! I found that sometimes I could go a week or longer with simply rinsing my hair with hot water. On weeks where I was much more stressed, I noticed that my hair got greasier faster, and during these times did “the wash” every other day or so.
• Hairspray and other products create grease and irritation faster as well (use minimally).
• My hair is getting waves. I haven’t gotten a perm in about 2.9 years. But this process has really brought back the waves, it’s great! Not sure if it’s because my hair has always held a curl well and that I’ve gotten many perms in my life… but this brought it back for me!
• I’m getting less strands in the shower! It truly seems that I am shedding less hair. I’ve always hated the fact that my hair comes out by the clumps sometimes, but this seems to be fixing that.
• If it works, don’t fix it. I have been super curious about trying new strategies; a different vinegar product maybe, or adding a natural shampoo to the mix… but I’m leaning towards keeping consistent for a while.
We’ll see how that goes!
One thing I will investigate and write about next >>> What to do / What to dab onto your scalp to soak up some of that grease. I rub my fingers in it sometimes like ick, how can I help this?
Until next time!